I originally created this calculator for myself. We moved into a new home with no landscaping. The landscape companies sold materials in yards. I could do the calculation on my trusty handheld calculator, but it just took too many steps to get the answer. So I created this calculator. I decided to put it online because I thought it might help others as it has helped me...
- You just put in a new 10 x 30 ft garden. You're going to amend the soil by digging in a 3 inch layer of compost. How much compost will you need? On the calculator, you would enter:
- 300 for Square Footage (10*30)
- 3 for Inches Deep
- Press the Yards button, and you will see that you need 2.77778 yards (cubic).
- Now, using the example above, let's say you will round the yards to 3. How many inches of compost can you dig into your new garden?
- Leave Square Footage the same, just enter 3 for Yards and press Inches.
- You will be able to dig a 3.24 inch layer of compost into your garden.
- Suppose you can get a great deal on mulch, but you can ony get 10 yards at that price. You want to know how many square feet that mulch will cover if you make it 4 inches deep. You would enter:
- 4 for Inches Deep
- 10 for Yards (cubic)
- Press the Square Feet button, and you will see that you could cover 810 square feet 4 inches deep with that mulch.
We welcome your links to MyCalculators.com.
To link to this page, please copy the following HTML and paste it into your page.
<a href="http://www.MyCalculators.com/ca/landmatm.html">Landscape Materials Calculator |- MyCalculators.com</a>