Landscape Materials Calculator
- You just put in a new 10 x 30 ft garden. You're going to amend the soil by digging in a 3 inch layer of compost. How much compost will you need? On the calculator, you would enter:
- 300 for Square Feet (10*30)
- 3 for Inches Deep
- Press the Yards button, and you will see that you need 2.77778 yards (cubic).
- Now, using the example above, let's say you will round the yards to 3. How many inches of compost can you dig into your new garden?
- Leave Square Feet the same, just enter 3 for Yards and press Inches.
- You will be able to dig a 3.24 inch layer of compost into your garden.
- Suppose you can get a great deal on mulch, but you can only get 10 yards at that price. You want to know how many square feet that mulch will cover if you make it 4 inches deep. You would enter:
- 4 for Inches Deep
- 10 for Yards (cubic)
- Press the Square Feet button, and you will see that you could cover 810 square feet 4 inches deep with that mulch.
Please support this website by sharing it with your friends and family.