Retirement % Withdrawal Calculator
On this calculator you choose the method of withdrawal stated as a percentage.
Here are the three methods:
- Take a percentage of the initial balance
- This would give you a fixed amount each year. I would never recommend this. Yes, depending on the interest rate you can earn, your balance may grow tremendously, but your fixed annual withdrawal will not keep up with inflation.
- Take a percentage of the balance at the beginning of each year.
- Depending on inflation and the rate you can earn, you may or may not be able to maintain your inflation adjusted purchasing power - even if you're withdrawing less (as a percentage) than what you can earn.
- Take a percentage of the initial balance, then adjust that annually for inflation.
- In most circumstances, this would be the best method to use of the three. However, depending on the rate you can earn and inflation, you still may not have enough money to last through your retirement.
Please support this website by sharing it with your friends and family,